It amazes me that someone can lose over 100 pounds and look like they were never overweight to begin with.
Isn't the human body remarkable? It's so resilient. Even though we take it for granted and abuse it sometimes with the foods and drinks we consume.
Here's a rundown of the remarkable weight loss of the women featured in People's June 2, 2008 issue.
- Katherine Sterling went from 275 lbs. to 144 lbs. - a total of 131 lbs. lost!
- Lucy Rojas went from 238 lbs. to 128 lbs. - a total of 110 lbs. lost!
- Jessica Kramer went from 245 lbs. to 143 lbs. - a total of 102 lbs. lost!
- Kim Scheffler went from 237 lbs. to 134 lbs. - a total of 103 lbs. lost!
- Nichole Jones went from 240 lbs. to 135 lbs. - a total of 105 lbs. lost!
All five women exercise regularly (at least four times per week). Three of the ladies chose running for their exercise plan (4-5 miles daily), one woman goes to a body boot camp class three times per week along with one personal training session per week, and one lady does cardio twice per week and has a personal training session twice per week.
I don't know about you, but I am very impressed by these five ladies.
Notice all of these women who lost weight did so by dieting and exercising. You may get results by dieting only, but you can't stay on a diet forever. Once you get off the diet, you'll gain it all back - and then some (speaking from experience).
I believe exercise is the key to making weight loss permanent and maintaining a healthy weight for life.
The Struggle To Stay Slim Doesn't End, Even After The Fat Pants Are Gone
© 2008 Thanks for taking the time to read A Junk-Foodaholic's Journey to a Healthy Lifestyle. Please feel free to peruse my blog for more great content.