A little over a week ago, Mike at livelife365, tagged me with the Six Unspectacular Quirks meme. I enjoy reading his blog and watching his videos. Check out this video about him missing his hair. It's funny!
All right! Let's get started.
Following are the rules:
1. Link the person who tagged you.
2. Mention the rules.
3. Tell six unspectacular quirks of yours.
4. Tag six bloggers by linking.
5. Leave a comment on each blogger's blog to let them know they've been tagged.
My 6 Unspectacular Quirks
1. SKILLS. I can write in cursive backwards so that when you hold it up to a mirror you can read it. I discovered I could do this when I was in 7th grade.
2. LABELS. I always turn things around so the label is facing me, everything from canned goods to my mouthwash. Did you watch the movie Sleeping With The Enemy? It freaked me out when I saw how her psycho husband did the same thing. Rotten Tomatoes only gave it a 23%. I disagree though, I thought it was a good.
3. LAUGHTER. I have a very loud laugh. People have often told me that I make them laugh just by them hearing me laugh. My husband, Paul, likes to tease me sometimes by mocking my laugh. Sometimes I break into laughter at inappropriate times. One of those times, was at my son's third grade spelling bee. All the other parents were quietly watching their kids with pride. But when a little boy was asked how to spell "auto" as in automobile and he said, "O - T - T - O"... I just about died trying to stifle a laugh. I looked at the other parents but no one else was amused. It just got worse from there. With each kid that misspelled a word, I got more and more tickled. Then when my son misspelled the word he was given, I just about couldn't hold my laughter any longer. I had my hands over my mouth and face and my eyes kept watering. When I realized I wasn't going to be able to pull myself together, I left and went back to work.
4. CARMEX. I can't exercise or go to sleep at night without my Carmex. Cherry-flavored is my favorite.
5. SCARY. My family makes fun of me because I watch scary scenes with my hands over my eyes and my thumbs in my ears. The last movie I watched was The Dark Knight. That was a great movie. Of course my fifteen-year-old son asked me, "How can you say that when you missed half the movie?" :)
6. GROSS. I get grossed out easily. I'm freaky about bugs and I don't like to hear details of medical procedures or a person's injury etc. I could never work in the medical field in any capacity because I couldn't make it through the required college courses. In 8th grade Biology, I gladly took a zero because I refused to dissect a frog. I barely handled the dissection of a cricket!
And now for the tagging...
Following are seven blogs I love to visit. Go check 'em out!
1. The Junk Drawer
2. Monkey Fables and Tales
3. Hot Child in the Suburbs
4. Confessions of a Fitness Diva
5. Making Mommy Hot
6. Health Nut Wannabee Mom
7. The Natural State Hawg
I was only supposed to list six but I couldn't resist adding an extra one. I'm such a rebel.
© 2008 Thanks for taking the time to read A Junk-Foodaholic's Journey to a Healthy Lifestyle. Please feel free to peruse my blog for more great content.