According to a new survey of 1,000 brides by Fitness magazine, 83% wanted to shed weight before their wedding, and many were prepared to take drastic action to achieve their goal.
"People are spending more money, taking more notice of celebrities and choosing more revealing dresses than ever," says Fitness editor in chief Denise Brodey the wedding or moving in with their mother-in-law - if it resulted in their who claim they would try surgery, fasting, diet pills - or even postponing of the startlingly high number of body-conscious brides, target weight.
Check out the full article here.
Following is an excerpt of the survey results in Fitness Magazine.
How they feel...
- Only 14% say they are at their ideal weight
- 33% hope to drop 30 pounds or more before the big day
- 50% give themselves 12 months, tops, before they gain the weight back
What they are willing to do...
- 1 in 7 would fast for a week
- 6% would have plastic surgery
- 36% would take diet pills
- 29% would be willing to move in with their mother-in-law if it meant reaching their ideal weight by their wedding day
- 63% say "my fiance loves my body exactly as it is," but the feeling isn't mutual: Only 47% say the same thing about their husband-to-be
It's all about the dress...
- 1 in 3 brides purposely buys a dress that doesn't fit (22% buy a gown too small while 11% buy a gown that's too big)
- 43% double their workout time
- 41% go on a strict diet
From dumbbells to wedding bells...
by Sue Fleming
Whether you want toned arms for your sleeveless gown or flat abs for your honeymoon bikini, certified trainer Sue Fleming can help you get in better shape for your wedding, even if you have only six months. This 106-page book presents a six-month strength-training daily workout guide with cardio recommendations and a "crash program" if there’s only 12 weeks before the wedding. The strength-training exercises are basic, beginning workouts using dumbbells, stability ball, step, and ankle weights, all clearly explained and illustrated.
© 2008 Thanks for taking the time to read my blog. Please feel free to peruse my blog for more great content.
My Other Websites: Are Your Vitamins Safe? Whole Food Nation Affiliate Link
Post a Comment