For some people, sugary foods may be a trigger food. Others may long for pasta or other carb-heavy foods like pizza or bread.
Trigger foods vary from person to person. Pinpointing your trigger foods is the first step and developing a plan to make sure they don't wreck your weight loss goals is the next step.
Slowly reduce your trigger foods
Aggressive diets and cold-turkey methods usually fail, leaving you depressed and defeated. To succeed, you should adopt a gradual approach.
When you feel like you absolutely must have the trigger food, add a small helping of fruit or vegetables before you indulge. Do this each time you eat the trigger food or foods, each time adding a little more of the healthy food and eating a little less of the trigger food. Eventually, you will not only associate the healthy food with the dopamine response of the trigger food, but you will ultimately remove the trigger food from your diet.
Trigger foods give a much-desired high, a rewarding feeling in the body. But exercise delivers the same results with much better benefits. I have personally found that exercise greatly reduces the desire for trigger foods.
Making healthy choices
When making food choices, ask yourself which choice is wiser for weight management. Following are some healthy choices that will help you achieve your weight loss goals:
- Choose smaller portions
- Use a small plate for all meals
- Fill your plate once and don't go back for seconds
- Eat more vegetables
- Snack on carrots and celery instead of cheese
- Use less butter or sour cream on a baked potato, or skip the butter and add lowfat cottage cheese and salsa instead
- Choose a piece of fruit instead of a candy bar for a snack
- Choose a piece of fruit instead of cookies, cake or ice cream for dessert
- Choose skim milk instead of whole milk or cream
- Choose fat-free frozen yogurt instead of ice cream
- Choose to share a dessert with a friend rather than eat it all yourself
Related Article: What Everybody Ought To Know About Exercise
© 2008 Thanks for taking the time to read my blog. Please feel free to peruse my blog for more great content.
My Other Websites: Are Your Vitamins Safe? Whole Food Nation Affiliate Link
My trigger food is pizza
Welcome to the Healthy You Challenge!!
Have a WONDERFUL day!
Nice to meet you.
I want to change information about a diet, exercise, fitness, health, dance, food, supplement, yoga, pilates, beauty, fashion, and others for a lot of people.
I linked your site.
Please link to my site.
Thanking you in advance.
Thanks Felicia! I'm excited to be a part of Healthy You Challenge.
Pizza is one of my trigger foods too.
Post a Comment