On February 18, 2008, I put my healthy eating plan (HEP) into action. It's been 3 weeks since I started and I have already lost 10 pounds! Yea me! The great thing about this is that I am finally doing it the right way.
What am I doing? Here's my daily routine:
- fresh vegetable juice blend of carrots, apple, tomato and celery (8 ozs. per day - read how my eyesight was restored)
- one Pop-A-Purple in the morning and one Pop-A-Green in the evening
- lean meats (one fist-sized portion per day)
- unlimited vegetables (no potatoes, corn, or peas)
- unlimited fruits (no more than one ripe banana per day)
- keep dairy to a minimum (I eat no more than 1 serving of lowfat cottage cheese or lowfat yogurt per day.)
- five green olives per day and an occasional avocado (good fats)
- handful of almonds per day (good fat, good protein, heart disease & cancer fighter)
- water (3-4 20 oz. bottles per day - more if exercising)
- no bread, no flour, no pasta, no white rice
- no sugar
- no caffeine
I want to be fit and trim. Once I lose this weight, I want to maintain it and never have to go through a challenge like this again. I know it won't be easy, but with much effort and great determination, I will reach my goal.
Related Post: Progress Report
© 2008 Thanks for taking the time to read A Junk-Foodaholic's Journey to a Healthy Lifestyle. Please feel free to peruse my blog for more great content.
My Other Websites: Are Your Vitamins Safe? Whole Food Nation Affiliate Link
Post a Comment